As a Numerical Control (NC) Programming Intern you will be assisting in numerous tasks related to NC programming. You will be developing, revising, and verifying Machine Control Data (MCD) and geometry. Under close supervision, you will work with the lead or designee to provide machine operator instructions and documentation for NC equipment per established process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interns are expected to have a moderate understanding of general job aspects and basic principles, theories, and concepts related to NC programming.
- The internship allows interns to identify routine problems and seek guidance when developing solutions.
- Interns will be closely supervised, following specific, detailed instructions processes, and procedures.
- This is a learning internship experience; therefore any errors made would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Interns primarily interact with an immediate supervisor or programming lead, customers, and other personnel.
- Working toward AA degree in a related discipline or enrolled in a Machinist/NC Programming Certificate program.
- Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college program that supports the job description.
- Applicants must be able to work and write NC programs within a CAD/CAM environment, and be familiar with a CAD/CAM platform (e.g. CATIA, MasterCam, Solidworks, etc.).
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks between May and August 2019.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- It is preferred that applicants be in their last quarter or semester of their program when applying for this position.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This is a full-time, paid summer internship, with a duration of approximately 10-12 weeks. The internship is union represented.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of that particular collective bargaining agreement.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.