DRS Technologies •
Location: DRS Pivotal Power, Halifax, NS
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
What it’s like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, and more!
Provide administrative support to management and/or department.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to management and/or department
- Works under normal supervision
- Develops resolutions to an assortment of problems varying from limited to moderate complexity
- Provide calendar management and meeting coordination
- Coordinates travel arrangements, expense report processing and reimbursement
- Assists in planning and implementing conferences and special events; assists in making any necessary room rental, reservation or catering arrangements
- Prepares routine reports as assigned, with guidance for format layout
- Ensures that reports are received by all required individuals
- Creates graphs and charts for various projects using spreadsheet and graphics software
- Screens, and directs telephone calls from employees and external customers
- Answers questions and/or refers inquiry to appropriate person Follows up as necessary
- Establishes and maintains filing systems for various confidential files and records
- Prepare meeting agenda and distributes information as appropriate
- Arranges Video Teleconferencing meetings
- Distributes incoming faxes to appropriate persons
- Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in progressively responsible and varied office duties
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgment
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player, ability to work independently while meeting deadlines, handles a high volume of work
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. DRSCanada
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC