Analyst II Configuration/Data Management
DRS Technologies •
DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS’s specialty is equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job title- Analyst II Configuration Data Management
Designs, develops and establishes moderately complex data management documentation based on program requirements. Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of configuration management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and establishes moderately complex data management documentation based on program requirements
- Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of configuration management systems
- Participates in design reviews, audits, schedules, budgets, etc
- Utilizes product data management tools
- Prepare contract data item submittals to established delivery schedules
- Provides support to the Product Data Manager and engineering technical staff
- Responsible for regular reporting of progress and status
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of configuration management systems
- Supports the analysis of proposed design changes to determine the effect on the overall system; may recommend methods of improvement
- May participate in special assignments or projects
- May act as liaison between functional groups
- May supervise work product of other less experienced employees
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc):
- 4+ years in engineering environment, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant experience in the field of Product Data Management
- Basic understanding of engineering or manufacturing technical data packages
- Demonstrated growth regarding configuration management principles
- Detail oriented individual
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- General computer skills with developed familiarity with product data management tools
- Experience with CAD data systems desirable
- Associates degree in Engineering or Related technical field (CAD data system
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, climb, bend, lift, stand, and stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC