Join us for a career with endless possibilities.Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place. You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people. What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world. Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of theTechnical Operations PlanningTeam within the Integrated Operations Division. Responsible for supporting long range strategic initiatives focused on flight schedules, resource planning, and workload measurement associated with the Line Maintenance division. Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Reviews current and future flight schedules, ensuring minimum maintenance requirements (aircraft access, ground time, routings, etc.) are all met.
- Leads discussions with internal departments, including Network Planning, Maintenance Operations Control (MOC), and others in finding solutions for schedule related performance problems
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Company rules, regulations and conditions which may conflict with company procedures
- Skills in planning and organization
- Knowledge of software applications Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Skills in problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to concisely present work
- May require travel
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- Exposure to scheduling, routing and aircraft maintenance