At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Applied Mathematics organization in Boeing Research and Technology has an exciting opportunity for a PhD candidate to join our organization. The Applied Math organization comprises of the most concentrated group of mathematicians in Boeing. We lead/conduct research & development and provide consulting for business units on a wide variety of mathematical technologies, including applied statistics, operations research, geometric modeling, optimization, computational mathematics, and data fusion.
As a researcher in the Applied Mathematics organization at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week research experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in applied mathematics finding solutions to real world problems.
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities.
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing.
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities.
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry.
- Currently a PhD candidate in Applied/Computational Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or a closely related field.
- Ability to grasp business and engineering problems to formulate, analyze, interpret and communicate results to the business and engineering communities.
- Significant experience in computational techniques and programing languages as applied to applied mathematics, statistics, or operations research.
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer.
Relocation benefits are available to eligible candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.