At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Business Intelligence Analyst III responsible for designing Business Intelligence information models, dashboards, metrics and reports utilizing standard technologies and methodologies that meet business objectives. Combines programming, SQL skills, best practices and business expertise to deliver efficient and scalable Business Intelligence solutions to improve business productivity and business outcomes at our Plano, TX location.
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations. Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organizations strategic plan and bottom line.
- Performs a range of complex technical and/or professional activities. Investigates, defines, and resolves complex issues using a methodical approach to issue definition and resolution. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements.
- Influences customers, suppliers, partners, and others on the contribution of own specialism. Builds effective business relationships. Makes decisions that influence the success of project and team objectives.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrates broad organizational awareness by accurately perceiving organizational, political, and social dynamics and trends.
- The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
- Ability to analyze business domain knowledge, perform requirements analysis, and develop business domain process models. Analyzes for improvements, develops investment decisions, designs and performs product verification & validation.
- Knowledge of customers/suppliers organization, processes, policies and procedures, products, requirements, capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, constraints, etc.
- Knowledge of how to derive and allocate requirements (e.g., system, sub-system, software) and show traceability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the concepts and processes of managing a software system throughout the entire life cycle.
- Ability to model and analyze data from a computing technical and specific business process viewpoint; integrates the data into a computing system and application architecture. Ability to interrelate, from system architecture, design, build, test, and deploy the fundamental aspects needed to produce effective computing solutions.
- Cleans, messages, and organizes big data.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.). Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.