Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems. Part of the Boeing Global Services division, Tapestry has over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan. Additionally, Tapestry supports Boeing products and internal operations.
Title: Database Administrator
Location: Hazelwood, MO
As a lead Database Administrator, you will be a key member of an integrated Boeing development team responsible for providing web based solutions supporting Boeing’s finance and supply chain management. As an integral part of the application development team, you will design, develop and maintain complex databases, aggregating data from 45+ systems to provide comprehensive business intelligence and decision support . You will define best practices for accessing data and consult with web developers on implementation. You will create procedures for the design, implementation and test of database schemas, database migration, database and query optimization, and archiving systems and procedures. Provides input on organizational standards for database monitoring thresholds. You will be responsible for monitoring performance trends to identify and correct problems.
- Creates procedures for design, implementation and testing of backup and recovery systems by working with the customer to meet requirements and align with corporate disaster recovery guidelines. Creates documentation for backup and recovery. Defines database validation requirements to ensure database integrity.
- Consults with architects or appropriate technical specialists to determine proper hardware and software implementations to ensure database integrity, optimal system performance and security. Plans, coordinates, installs and tests software, upgrades and patches, using industry best practices.
- Develops a plan and directs implementation of database security infrastructure that coincides with policy requirements, in conjunction with Company and/or customer security standards. Implements and validates security infrastructure to meet corporate and government guidelines. Makes recommendations for security best practices.
- Develops database maintenance procedures and tools, utilizing best practices. Maintains complex databases by performing appropriate database management functions (e.g., maintain space availability, rebuilds indexes, file cleanup, runs utilities to check database integrity) to ensure optimum capacity and application performance. Communicates database status to the user community.
- Provides input into organizational standards and processes for database monitoring thresholds and communicates standards. Develops, plans and establishes performance baseline for database monitoring to align with specific application requirements. Utilizes monitoring results for trend analysis and to tune the system for optimum performance against user requirements and agreed to Service Level Agreements. Implements required corrections based on monitored results, with knowledge and/or approval from the customer. Creates capacity planning and forecasting in conjunction with the customer regarding future database requirements.
- Provides specifications to customers for connecting to various databases. Consults with customers and/or database modelers and architects to plan and develop more complex database designs. Directs the database design. Participates in the change process for review of requested changes.
- Directs the creation, planning and scheduling of data migration that maintains data integrity after transfer from one environment to another. Defines tests required to validate data integrity. Leads and/or executes database migration or archiving of objects and/or data to agreed-upon destination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience, 13 years related work experience, etc.).
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design, development, and deployment of database applications as core components of web-based programs.
- Proven expertise in relational database management concepts, database design, data retrieval, metadata and business entity cataloging, business intelligence performance tuning, (emphasis on. Oracle DB and MS SQL).
- Experience designing and developing ETL solutions. Microsoft SSIS preferred.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for reducing data redundancy and inconsistencies in data usage and trends.
- Experience as a Development Project Team member working with directly with clients to determine business and front-end users requirements and convert them to technical solutions.
- Ability to analyze data, determine and document the best method of meeting customer requirements.
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the development and support processes and to be able to support multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Familiar with the Configuration Management, Test and Information Assurance processes generally associated with deploying production web-based businesses solutions.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.