The EHS Analyst will assist with all fire, emergency and environmental programs.
Part of Shared Services, the EHS group provides all necessary evaluations and training for safety.
The incumbent will evaluate, develop, investigate and perform EHS operations concerning the fire, emergency, safety, and environmental programs for Aurora Flight Sciences. The position will be based in Columbus, MS but travel to the other Aurora facilities will be required. The EHS specialist is also responsible for all EHS policies including the federal, state, and local regulations and codes.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for maintaining the EHS management systems. Along with this, the EHS specialist is also responsible for other job duties as follows:
- Developing, administering, implementing, and maintaining safety and environmental programs in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Analyzing data to determine its quality, validity, and scientific significance
- Communicate with the organization or public regarding the scientific, technical, or EHS procedures undertaken
- Provide technical guidance and support coordination regarding various EHS issues
- Organize workshops, conferences, and trainings for employees regarding EHS topics
- Provide information on environmental relevance by preparing charts, graphs, and presentations
- Assisting in EHS program assessments, facility assessments and incident investigations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations and policies
- Performing various research/analysis on current EHS systems. Will assist the Facilities Director and Corporate EHS Manager with various inspections, perform environmental tests, perform training, update records and policies. Will also assist with visual enhancements for the facility. Will update Lock Out Tag Out procedures, update/develop Job Safety Analysis and assist in Environmental Stewardship for all locations.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Shift Requirements (specify if irregular work hours or shift work will be required):
- May work off shifts as required.
- Bachelors degree with 3+ years of experience and/or equivalent experience and education. Must be a US Citizen.
Bachelors degree with 3+ years of experience and/or equivalent experience and education. Knowledge of EHS policies and practices. Knowledge/capable of using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point. Enthusiastic, motivated, interested in working for a company like Aurora.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Environmental (ie. EPA, RCRA, etc.) requirements, regulations and associated compliance programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to detect and solve problems effectively using various scientific rules and methods
- Knowledge about the chemical compositions, structures, and other important properties of the chemical substances
- Ability to work effectively even under pressure
- Strengths in cooperative teaming, and a demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks effectively prioritizing tasks and work load, and ensuring timely closure of assignments
- Expert time management skills
- Must be able to travel infrequently
- Must be able to assist in non EHS related functions/projects to support the General Manager
- Comfortable in a manufacturing, test, or aviation/aerospace environment
Environmental, Health and Safety background with 5+ years of experience preferred. System Safety Engineer or Environmental Engineer background and experience preferred. Experience with Laser Safety, Lithium-ion Battery Safety, and System safety analysis preferred. Experience with contractor oversight and construction projects preferred. Professional certification(s) within the EHS field (ie. CSP, ASP, CIH, etc.) preferred.
Must be able to work during off hours and/or during weekends occasionally.