Electrical Systems Analyst
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Machines, Motors, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
A Senior Electrical System Analyst able to conceptualize the control and power architecture of complex systems and subsystems for motor drives, power converters, and uninterruptible power supplies ranging from several horsepower to multi-megawatts. This position offers an opportunity to develop some of the world’s most highly power dense solutions, the ability to work on multiple unique applications, the ability to provide technical oversight and guidance over multiple programs, and the opportunity to mentor up-and-coming engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support conceptual development of architectures for complex systems and subsystems relating to power electronics, drives and uninterruptible power supplies.
- Create the technical documentation and budget estimates for bid and proposals.
- Verify product or subsystem performance through simulation, analysis, and/or laboratory test.
- Derive system requirements based on the results of systems analysis and use a requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to drive system design efforts.
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced system and design engineers.
- Provide technical leadership on medium projects, able to identify and delegate tasks to an engineering team.
- Utilize experience to support critical design reviews, providing insight at a system as well as a component level.
- Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Generate system level design documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field required.
- Minimum 8 years of detailed design experience with digital, analog and power conversion applications required
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field preferred
- Proficiency with Matlab and Simulink simulation tools for simulation of electrical systems down to component level
- United States citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Confidential Security Clearance (CNSI minimum) required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Military design experience, preferably in Navy applications and market
- Model based code generation design experience of power electronic systems
- Real-time modeling experience of power electronic systems
- Familiarity with DOORS for requirements management
- Familiarity with systems engineering analyses, e.g. FMEA, reliability, safety
- Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering with directly relevant research
- Capable of 10% travel
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC