Employee Relations team works closely with HR Business Partner’s and Centers of Expertise (COE) to execute programs and projects. This role is responsible for delivering an excellent employee experience by focusing on delivery of high touch geographic-based common and consistent service delivery model in support of Employee Relations activities. This role collaborates with other Employee Relations team members & Center of Expertise (CoE’s) team members and business units to deliver programs to retain and develop employees. Deploys and administers HR programs, policies, practices and processes across India. Drives forward looking business solutions and integration across Work Groups to deliver services to business and/or employees where local knowledge is required. Maintains partnership with HRBPs for the exchange of information and insight. Contributes to projects focused on delivering HR strategy.
Representative Major Tasks
Responsible for operationalizing business strategy and requirements in Employee Relations in partnership / with sponsorship from the HRBP.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders in region to identify trends, diagnose issues and formulate local solutions in line with HR processes and HRBPs defined strategy or direction
- Project manage / co-ordinate programs of work across Work groups / Lifecycle groups, to ensure smooth implementation and efficiency
- Advise / counsel / coach managers on people implications of local business decisions, utilizing knowledge of HR processes, frameworks, best practices and local employment legislation
- Use data and analysis to identify trends and issues in local area and work with HRBPS / Work Groups to formulate and operationalize solutions
- Operate as point of contact for HRBPs when situations requiring rapid response / immediate action are identified – to ensure delivery by the relevant groups in the Employee Experience group
- Supporting the development and coaching of management and employees in region to transition to utilize the HR model to maximum effect, including utilization of the Self Service Model
- Partner with HRBP and CoE on issues utilizing the appropriate channels
- Provide timely feedback / local customer insight to the ER team / COEs / HRBPs to support continuous improvement
- Handle ethics and compliance cases for Chennai location
- Coach and guide junior Employee Relations Partners at site
Skills and Attributes:
- Display professional maturity and responsiveness in dealing with complex people related items
- Possess strong coaching skills to work with leaders in managing day to day HR decisions
- Be inclusive in approach and diversity of ideas and thoughts at the workplace
- Take complete ownership of the people agenda and be a change agent
- Be tenacious to drive through complex situations with sensitivity
- Possess organizational savvy and bring strong relationship skills to build consensus or take tough decisions
- Have acute assessment skills and work to enhance leadership effectiveness
- Proactive, see around corners to develop policies and programs ahead of time
Qualifications - External
- Required Master’s degree in HR with 11-13 years working with class-leading global organizations. Premiere institute preferred.
- Have significant experience in HR generalist/ business partner roles, with an exposure to specialist HR assignments.
- Been part of a senior leadership team and partnered to drive people strategy for the business
- Overseas work experience is preferred but not necessary