At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a highly productive, self-motivated Experience Linux/Unix System Administrator for the Advanced Information Technology (AIT) Program located in Huntington Beach, CA (with plans to relocate to Seal Beach, CA within ~1-2 years). As a System Administrator, you will be part of an amazing, collaborative team managing secure, world-class computing and storage services to support a proprietary customer. You will be an integral part of the program and have the opportunity to work with multiple engineering and support groups on both on-going operational efforts and exciting future projects for a highly valued, dynamic program. As a member of our diverse and highly-adaptive System Administration Team, you will work closely with other System Administrators, Communications Engineers, Information Assurance specialists, Cyber Security professionals, Systems Engineers, and Operations specialists who are passionate about providing top-quality secure computing and storage services to a variety of developers and data scientists across the United States of America.
- Develop and manage the programs (high performance) computing and infrastructure systems
- Provide creative problem solving, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting across a broad domain of secure computing systems and support activities
- Manage data center computing operations while maintaining strict operational security requirements/directives
- Manage availability of network, storage, computing, and software of multiple computing and storage systems
- Ensure secure operations according to advanced security directives
- Implementation of computer security policies and procedures
- Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
- Administer and enhance the programs computing and storage infrastructure
- Administer and maintain (HPC) systems, engineered systems, and infrastructure systems
- Design and provide technical guidance for multiple vendor teams to install computing equipment
- Collaborate effectively within a small team environment as well as work tasks independently
- Use creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of software development activities
- Apply a logical approach in solving challenging problems
- Use Microsoft OS Environments: Unix (Solaris), Linux (RHEL), and Windows
- Address and develop solutions for computing security requirements (e.g., Risk Management Framework (RMF))
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position requires an active/current DoD Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance and/or a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline is required
- Current/Active Security + CompTIA Certification (e.g., DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification or better)
- Experience with OS Environments: Unix/Linux (RHEL)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience with administration of Unix (Solaris), Linux (RedHat/RHEL), and Windows Operating Systems
- VMware Administration Experience
- Experience with High Performance Computing Systems
- Experience with High Performance Storage Systems
- Solution implementation for Advanced Computer Security Directives and Requirements (e.g., Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIGs)
- Experience with parallel file systems
- Use the following technologies as needed: SQL, ColdFusion, Oracle, JQuery, Bootstrap, C/C++, Java
- Perl / Python / shell scripting
- Experience in networking, computing, and storage systems engineering
- Experience with the following technologies: High Performance Computing processing and storage environments, data center management, system configuration management, engineering drawings, system configuration management tools, shell scripting, and service requests systems
- Vendor management: ticket submittal, tracking, issue resolution, writing/reviewing RFI/RFPs, understanding Service Level Agreement