Master Scheduler (Starship)
Vehicle Engineering - Mechanical Design and Development
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MASTER SCHEDULER (STARSHIP)
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate and present the build schedule for Starship operations in Hawthorne, Cape Canaveral, and South Texas
- Proactive schedule coordination of hardware delivery, launch pad preparation, flight hardware processing status, construction/project status and resource planning. Schedules are highly dynamic and require good management with a high bandwidth skillset, ready to be flexible with changing constraints with high expectations for future schedule goals
- Quickly understand existing and future operations, projects, assemblies, sequences, and constraints in order to actively de-conflict issues in a collaborative manner with several teams
- Maintain and improve schedule and look for potential constraints/conflicts on a weekly and possibly daily level
- Offer solutions while viewing at a daily and often an hour-by-hour level of resolution: hardware availability and delivery, headcount and resource allocation, and critical test milestones
ree from an accredited university
2+ years of professional experience with project planning and integrated master scheduling
Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) projects
SQL programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Highly skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of a product development process in an engineering environment and the transition to production process in a business environment
- Analytical and organizational skills, able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary
- Some technical, engineering experience
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage program plans and schedule
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC