Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Master Scheduler - Operations and Manifest Planning
The Master Scheduler will be responsible for the creation and status monitoring of top level master production schedule items at Redmond for all Satellite production at SpaceX. This primarily includes creation of a capable and transparent schedule using current tools and establishing requirements to improve them.
The Master Scheduler will ensure all master schedule planning targets are set within our internal system, track progress against the schedule (actuals and forecasts), and liaise with production teams to identify any potential Bill of Material (BOM) configuration issues and/or production delays to formulate and takt any necessary mitigating actions. They will also coordinate and provide active reporting to all other production and planning teams to ensure any tactical actions are clearly synchronized across the factory.
This person will ideally have had relevant experience in a large manufacturing or logistics facility, with proven experience of detailed scheduling in a challenging manufacturing operation. Previous experience of dealing with design engineering and R&D operations would be an advantage. The Master Scheduler will also be robust in decision making and consistently demonstrate the professional, can-do drive required to succeed in this environment.
- Understand the entire production system, the processes and capabilities and ensure their production needs are accurately reflected into the top-level master schedule plan.
- Notify relevant parties, including vendors, of upcoming schedule/BOM/production constraints, risks, options, and work to develop tactical actions to keep the factory on schedule.
- Ability to influence working culture on the shop floor with the production team, implementing best practice supply and flow processes.
- Working closely with all material planning, production, and engineering customers to understand their needs when constructing the master schedule item takt plans.
- Facilitating the production of structural hardware on time and within budget through robust control of the parts flow.
- Driving the development of efficient, accurate, and timely schedule change propagation and system signaling (priority numbering) through the various approval processes in conjunction with process engineering, production, supply chain and our WarpDrive ERP development team (EIS).
- Drive process stabilization and improvement through innovative process solutions.
- Resolving top-level BOM configurations, critical path, and lead-time discrepancies to determine true root cause through to solution implementation.
- Process metric development to demonstrate process accountability, stability and improvement.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of project planning or integrated master scheduling (IMS) experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Self-driven and immensely curious
- Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) manufacturing plans
- SQL programming experience
- Rotational Program or consulting experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized.
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner.
- Fast learner, someone who takes initiative.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage program plans and schedules.
- Understanding of a product development process in an engineering environment and the transition to production process in a business environment.
- Analytical and organizational skills, able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC