Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Full Time Master Scheduler. This candidate will provide scheduling and planning for major and/or strategic programs. Review project proposals to determine impact on schedule and resources. Provide analysis and project support to assigned program workload. Analysis includes reviewing scope and schedule performance. Develop schedules that include project phasing, project milestones, and represent critical relationships between program tasks as required to plan, coordinate, and visualize all significant program activities. Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on program performance. Provide scheduling related guidance to a small team of Program Analysts performing scheduling tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scheduling and planning for major and/or strategic programs as assigned
- Provide analysis and project support to assigned program workload. Analysis includes reviewing scope and schedule performance
- Develop schedules that include project phasing, project milestones, and represent critical relationships between program tasks as required to plan, coordinate, and visualize all significant program activities
- Provide scheduling related guidance to a small team of Program Analysts performing scheduling tasks
- Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on program performance
- Support the Program Manger in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and lead in the development of schedules (including resource loading) for identified WBS elements
- Work with Project Manager, and Program Finance to develop ETCs, EACs and Variance Reports
- Works with management team to ensure the schedule/program plan is executable (cost, schedule and technical requirements are fully integrated) and executing as planned
- Perform Critical Path Analysis and report results to Project Team
- Provide weekly /monthly project status updates including Earned Value Performance as appropriate
- Analyze Earned Value monthly data Schedule Variance (SV,SPI)
- Work with Project Team to develop Recovery Plans
- Perform Risk Analysis and Risk Planning on the schedule when necessary. Additionally, assist in identifying and recommending mitigation strategies for project schedule risks
- Participate in Program Proposal process with Business Development team
- Review all subcontractor and vendor change requests and advises Project Managers of any schedule impact of proposed design changes
- Assemble and compile schedule data and inputs same into the project schedule and provide output to the project manager
- Advise management of risks that may affect project profit, costs, and schedules
- Must understand the various contract types, i.e. cost plus, T&M, FFP and ensure that all requirements of the prime contract are understood
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization