Job Title: Principal Pricing Analyst
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1,100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Power, Machines, Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls, and Marlo Coil, focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Principal Pricing Analyst reviews requests for proposals (RFP’s) to identify requirements and assist the proposal team in developing and submitting compliant responses, works with internal organizations to determine anticipated labor and overhead rates, material requirements, equipment costs, and possible bid strategies. This position develops, evaluates and implements pricing, pricing strategies, and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews Requests for Proposals (RFP) to identify requirements and insures the proposal team develops proposals compliant with the RFP requirements, company procedures, and government regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Works with internal organizations to determine anticipated labor and material requirements, equipment costs, and develop bid strategies
- Analyzes estimates and basis of estimate against previous cost experience and recommends adjustments
- Conducts payback, risk, cash, revenue, and rate analysis. Prepares/reviews proposal cost volume, certified cost and pricing data, and other proposal financial document submittals
- Lead pricing, audit, and negotiation activities related to pricing data
- Partners with Business Development, Program Management, and Finance to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue/margin requirements
- Creates/administers pricing databases and coordinates implementation of pricing proposals across the organization
- Suggests process improvements to help streamline and facilitate the proposal pricing process