Senior Subcontracts Administrator
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Conducts proposal preparation, subcontract negotiation, and administration of complex subcontracts. Develops subcontract specifications, requirements, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and services in support of multiple contract types.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 5+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Understanding of contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and detailed knowledge of the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements
- Knowledge of the terms and conditions appropriate for different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, IDIQ, etc.) and their proper use
- Knowledge of source selection / evaluation process including cost and price analysis
- Knowledge of requirements for administration of government property
- Knowledge of government subcontract administration duties including subcontract flow downs, change management, inspection, acceptance, payment, warranty, close-out and records retention
- Knowledge of proper drafting, negotiation and use of subcontracts, P.O.’s, teaming and other forms of agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of subcontract/agreement briefings, negotiation and review
- Knowledge of monitoring contracts/subcontracts
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Maintain effective internal and external customer relations
- Perform special projects as requested
- Train internal staff on subcontract-related topics
- Lead and/or mentor team of subcontract administrators
- Conducts proposal preparation, subcontract negotiation, and administration of complex subcontracts
- Develops subcontract specifications, requirements, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and services in support of multiple contract types.
- Provides strategy and recommendations to internal staff and subcontractors on procurement issues
- Selects or recommends subcontractors
- Evaluates proposals and monitors company performance on subcontract obligations.
- Prepares contractual documents, including the preparation of subcontract terms and conditions, and assembles subcontract documentation package
- Coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Negotiates and administers agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements
- Monitors subcontract performance on government contracts
- Responds to standard inquiries regarding subcontract obligations and revisions
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends DRS’ mission, values and culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. up to 25% of the time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC