Software Configuration Analyst IV
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Leonardo DRS is seeking an experienced Software Release Management and Deployment Engineer, Software Configuration Management Engineer, or Software Engineer (SWE) to implement and oversee automated Software Configuration Management processes, support tool development and configuration, and perform ongoing tool chain administration. This individual will implement and oversee an automated process, aligned with DevOps best practices for baseline control, change management, release, and delivery to ensure baselines are accurate and accounted for during all phases of integration, test, deployment, and sustainment in support of over two dozen locations of the weapon system. A software engineering background is critical to understanding the requirements of the software integration toolchain.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Design and administer the version control repositories
- Facilitate and automate the baseline change management process
- Execute, automate, and manage release packaging and deployments
- Implement, improve, and train the program CM processes and interface with other engineering disciplines to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems
- Generate and maintain configuration status accounting reports
- Exercise great attention to detail with respect to managing environments, tool configuration, baselines, etc.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 4 years of experience in:
- Software development, software configuration management, or combo
- Administration of software development tools/change management tools (GitLab, Subversion, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc).
- In lieu of degree, 7 years or directly related experience
- Experience with shell scripting in LINUX, Unix, or Windows
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment with many evolving and competing priorities
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment supporting individual and team efforts/goals
- Software workflow tool configuration, administration, and management
- Atlassian Suite – configuration and administration
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Lifting 0-20 lbs – 0-25%
- Walking – 0-50%
- Standing – 0-25%
- Sitting – 0-50%
- Bending – 0-10%
- Stooping – 0-10%
- Climbing – 0-10%
- Kneeling – 0-10%
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC