Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) located in Oklahoma City, is seeking highly qualified software engineers to develop leading edge solutions to directly support the warfighter. Boeing Software is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to the award of multiple new contracts.
Boeing OKC supports the following platforms; Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) for US, Saudi and NATO, Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEWC) for Australia, Turkey, United Kingdom and Korea, B-1 Strike Bomber, B-2 Stealth Bomber, B-52 Heavy Bomber, and the ALCM weapon. These platforms continue to be updated to keep them relevant and supportive of emerging military systems. Upgrades include state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and cutting edge digital communication infrastructure.
Candidates selected for the Jr. Software Technical Analyst positions will work in an agile, collaborative environment working with some of the latest software development tools to support development and integration tasks. Troubleshooting normally involves a high fidelity lab environment working with A/C hardware.
- Support a team of software designers assigned to one of the programs mentioned above.
- Maintain software coding with oversight,
- Supports the integration of various software products and tools.
- Partner with an engineer/mentor to ensure the proper processes are followed.
- Coordinate and facilitate software interfaces, coding, and conduct initial testing in a simulation environment with guidance or collaboration
- Collaborate with a software engineer to perform duties.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Classroom or work related programming experience with any of the following software development languages; Ada, C, C++, C, JAVA
- One or more years of experience with software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience scripting activities in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience in embedded real-time software development
- Experience with various legacy languages Ada, and related development environments is preferred
- Experience in Software Architecture/Development
- The selected candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment (usually between multiple sites) and possess demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies