The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Stress Analysts (Level 3) to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a member of this team, you will execute structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
- Structural analysis tasks include, but are not limited to: static strength, damage tolerance and durability
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product’s environment
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance
- Develops test plans and configurations, supports text execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components to meet requirements and specifications
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements
- Support internal/external design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), preliminary/critical design reviews (PDR / CDR) with U.S. and Foreign Air Force Customers
- Lead a team of stress analysts and provide coaching across all levels
- Pursue process maturity to reduce costs
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3 or more years of experience working with aircraft stress analysis/structural analysis
- 3 or more years of experience with static analysis
- Experience in mechanical fatigue analysis
- Experience with structural design principles for repair and maintenance (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques)
- Experience leading teams/projects
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.