At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a System Administrator to join the Mission Systems Operations group located in Herndon, VA. Boeing is searching for motivated candidates to support a growing program that provides operations and engineering improvements of a mission-critical system in a dynamic real-time operations environment.
As a member of the Mission Systems Operations Team, you are an integral part in developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our client. We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated designs including system architectures for current operations and program growth, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance.
Rotating shift-work is required of this position in direct support of the customer’s operations tempo; shift differential is paid based on shift schedule coverage. Candidates must be able to adapt in an exciting, dynamic operational environment while maintaining relationships with system stakeholders and customers.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Perform system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture
- Install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components
- Plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to the program’s objectives
- Plan and coordinate highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release.
- Ensure systems conform to architectural objectives
- Evaluate complex systems production readiness and supportability
- Perform the restoration of complex computing service operations
- Perform complex system problem identification and resolution
- Integrate security solutions into information systems
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning
- Experience in both Windows and Linux administration, or one with the ability to learn
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires an active Current Top Secret/SCI Clearance U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Ability to sit for full scope polygraph is required for this position. Position is contingent on clearance verification, adjudication and customer concurrence
- Ability to work Shift 4
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve IT issues on an operational environment
- Experienced in either Windows or Linux SA duties
- Ability to provide written and verbal communications for work status and shift tie-in
- Experienced in both Windows and Linux SA duties
- Experienced in Network operations
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.