Basler Turbo Conversions takes the legendary DC-3 and puts it through the industry's most extensive remanufacturing process. Built into each airframe is the sum of our knowledge and our proprietary processes, along with state-of-the-art components, world-class Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R engines and Hartzell propellers. The BT-67 modernization includes a complete airframe overhaul, aerodynamic improvements, structural modifications that increase strength and improve performance, and new systems that improve reliability.
We are seeking strong motivated A&P Sheet Metal Mechanics to be part of our great and growing team! You will be an instrumental part of transforming the DC-3 to the BT-67. Details include but are not limited to dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, inspecting and erecting all parts of an aircraft.
- Plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair aircraft sheet metal parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shape metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trim, file, grind, de-burr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- Comply with 14 CFR (as applicable), manufacturer’s specifications, company policies, and procedures, as well as other methods accepted by the FAA, when accomplishing maintenance.
- Conduct on-the-job training as assigned.
- Maintain the maintenance work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on aircraft structural assemblies and sub-assemblies such as wings, stabilizers, and flight controls.
- Work with or without established blueprints to fabricate, drill, dimple, file, grind, trim, countersink and install aircraft structural assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Use of hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, re-assemble, complex structures and systems.
- Work with composites if interested.
- Additional duties as assigned.