Position:A & P MechanicLocation:
6-12 months (possible temp to perm)Shift:
1st - 0630-1600Pay rate:
US Citizen; Background check and drug test requiredJob Description:
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls and modifies aircraft systems and powerplants in accordance with established written procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in aircraft systems operation and maintenance to include landing gear, powerplants, flight controls, disassembly, reassembly, rigging and aircraft movement.
- Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
(Education, years of experience, specific skills or tools, etc.)
- ·Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance/modification.
- ·Prior experience in Organizational and Intermediate level maintenance on C-130 and flight line experience highly preferred.
- ·Ability to identify and troubleshoot aircraft systems and components.
- ·Must provide personal tools and shadowed toolbox required by the Company.
- Personal tool inventory list must be completed prior to arrival
Certifications/License Requirements: (ie: A&P, Forklift, etc.)
FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant License a Plus!
Specific Physical Requirements (ie: stand, walk, stoop, etc)
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.