Aircraft Technical Training Instructor
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. With over 900 employees and 40+ customers, from 15+ nations. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Aircraft Technical Training Instructor will be responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating aircraft technical training and Part 145 Repair Station training programs. Develops literature and materials to be used in ATA 104 Level programs and designs exercises to enhance classroom and eLearning environment. Conducts classes regarding maintenance, installation and safety of specified aircraft systems.
- Delivers timely and effective training in support of the maintenance operation goals and objectives.
- Conducts and documents training for maintenance personnel and contract vendor agencies in air frame/power plant, avionics, and systems subject areas.
- Presents initial indoctrination, systems, and recurrent training/certifications.
- Establishes syllabus and assembles information for the development of new or revised courses.
- Leverages experience and expertise to develop and conduct training that brings resolution to specific aircraft discrepancies.
- Conducts specialized and sub-systems training to familiarize maintenance personnel with new equipment and techniques.
- Assists in providing immediate corrective action and long term solutions to audit findings as applicable to the repair station training program.
- Provides a coordinated and seamless training program that maintains compliance with CFRs, Repair Station Manual (RSM) policies and procedures, and training program guidelines.
- Assess training needs and certification requirements.
- Deploy trainingto targeted personnel.
- Prepare training material and classroom agenda.
- Provide end user training for client.
- Conduct presentations and webinars.
- Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
- Assist in design of computer-based and multimedia curriculum.Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
- Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and Quality Management System.
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance preferred
- Associates Degree in Aviation, communications, or teaching curriculum preferred
- Aircraft Technical Training Instructor accreditation preferred
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- 3+ years of documented aviation industry experience
- 3+ years of documented aircraft technical aviation training instructor experience
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarization with computers for word processing, databases, e-mail, and Internet use
- Able to work various shifts to accommodate the operational needs
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including MS Word & PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Internet courseware development tools, and e-mail
- US citizenship or permanent resident alien status is required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Ident #:
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance