Based at: CE Avionics, Inc. 2789 Flightline Avenue, Sanford, FL 32773
Reports to: Director of Maintenance Operations
The Autopilot Technician troubleshoots removes, and repairs (or sends out for repair) autopilot components. The Autopilot Technician communicates with supervisors and customers as required regarding the status and timeframe of repairs and job completion.
The Autopilot Technician must be technically competent and is expected to be able to accomplish most of his/her duties with minimal supervision and use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding installation, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. A professional appearance and communication skills are required.
Key Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs autopilot/flight director systems in variety of aircraft and autopilot systems. Autopilot systems serviced include Collins FCS65, FCS80, AP106, AP105, Bendix FGS70, FCS810, King KFC150, FKC200, KFC300, ARC400B, 1000 and Century 2,3,4,40, and 2000.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, system schematics, and utilizing aircraft manuals.
- Uses electrical and manual hand tools, bench and ramp test equipment, and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, and promoting company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the company.