The person chosen to fill this position will form part of an MRO modification, servicing and repair team. This person must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent.
Candidate must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH. Successful candidates must be experienced in either the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft and components, and/or aircraft wire harness manufacture and installation.
Previous experience on rotary wing or CH47 Chinook aircraft is desirable, but not necessary. The role requires an individual who is a good communicator, capable of understanding and interpreting technical work requirements, documents and drawings.
Must have an understanding of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS). They will also perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests. This may be at multiple locations. They will work with their peers to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction.
- Performs the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by conducting the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Conducts assembly, disassembly or overhaul
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Proficient in troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and associated electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Validates and verifies testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Can work with their peers to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicleAble to provide mentoring to peers and others
- Works under minimal direction