Avionics Installation Technician Lead
CE Avionics, Inc. •
CE Avionics, Inc. is located in Sanford Florida, 25 miles northeast of Orlando and 42 miles southwest of Daytona Beach. Established over 40 years ago, CE Avionics has developed a large, varied and loyal customer base servicing clients at our main facility and throughout Florida via remote service vans. We provide avionics support, flightline repair, installation and full bench repair on corporate and general aviation aircraft. We also provide support to various FBO, maintenance facilities, flight schools, government and corporate operators.
CE Avionics Inc. is interested in hiring an experienced Avionics Installation technician. Candidates for employment must have a strong knowledge of aircraft electrical / avionics systems on a wide variety of corporate aircraft; must be self-motivated, safety conscious, and detail oriented; should be proficient in troubleshooting aircraft electrical / avionics systems, reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, system schematics, and at utilizing aircraft manuals; should be familiar with R.V.S.M., FAR 91.411, and FAR 91.413 certifications. Strong customer relation skills are essential to the job.
Adequate tools to perform duties are necessary. The Avionics tech may be required to travel up to 150 miles from main facility with occasional overnight stays. FCC and/or A&P licenses preferred but not required. Candidate must meet the requirements to obtain an FAA Repairman Certificate and will be required to perform safety sensitive tasks under the guidelines of CE Avionics, Inc. FAA Approved AntiDrug and Anti-Alcohol Abuse Program.
Successful candidates will work in a clean, organized, and fast paced organization. On-The-Job and factory training will be provided as required. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Technically competent to plan, install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring and the latest avionics/autopilot/ADS-B equipment on various aircraft types and supervise installation technicians as required. Communicate with management and customers regarding the status and time frame of job completion. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages based on level of avionics experience. Successful candidates will work in a clean, organized, and fast paced organization.
- 5+ years of general and corporate aircraft avionics system experience.
- Supervises and directs installation technicians as required.
- Build and install wiring harnesses from manufacturers’ drawings.
- Minor sheet metal work.
- Read and understand installation drawings.
- Create drawings as required.
- Solid computer experience (Windows, MS Office, CAD). A&P, FCC certification or previous Repairman’s Certificate a plus.
- Use electrical and manual hand tools, test equipment, wire marker, and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, and promoting company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a DOT/FAA Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
- Must clear a background check with no felonies or adverse criminal activity.
Job Ident #: