Avionics Electrician/ Mechanic - Mobile, AL
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Avionics Electrician/Mechanic in Mobile, AL. Position Summary:
- To conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic systems and components in accordance with the repair stations, FAA's and manufacturer's airworthiness and maintenance standards.
- This is a contract position with 4+ months assignment.
Scope of Work:
- Perform all maintenance in accordance with FAA approved data and to the standards of good workmanship as required by the Client
- Keep safety of flight in the forefront at all times in the production of an airworthy product.
- Perform routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and components; perform complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pitot static installations, etc.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determine when a component should be repaired or replaced; decide necessary repair schemes and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair.
- Follow approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures and technical data FAA approved.
- Perform serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Complete work package documentation with sign off after finishing all designated operations.
- Perform installation of avionic equipment.
- Interpret avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering equipment.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, rework, and modify worn or defective assemblies, components or systems.
- Suggest improvements to processes and procedures.
- Satisfy work schedule requirements.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/ mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assist and train other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant license is preferred.
- FCC 2nd Class License preferred
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- Proficiency with interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors.
- Prior avionics experience is required.
- Prior experience in aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license is preferred
- Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English language is required; bilingual in Spanish is not required, but is a plus.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)