At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The F/A-18 Mission Systems Core Avionics Team is looking for an avionics hardware/equipment engineer to join the team.
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Close customer and supplier coordination is a key part of this position.
This position has excellent growth opportunities as the job related tasks span across many technical and program management domains.
This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
- Experience with avionics testing and/or subsystem requirements development is preferred.
- Experience with avionics development and/or test in the areas of Radio Communication, Inertial/GPS Navigation, Identification, Data Links, or related subsystems is a plus.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.