The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama. This requisition covers an entry level software engineering position that will focus on the support of development and maturation of various software products for Core Stage 2 and Exploration Upper Stage. The products range from MAF Flight Test Computer development for use at Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) to interface with and test flight hardware, containing/using RTOS and implementing the NASA Flight Software from a test interface perspective; Flight software and ground software code/test and requirements verification with Hardware in the Loop and or Simulations of the Avionics equipment; test asset platform development which may include driver refinement/configuration development via XML, avionics modeling and simulations compatibility resolution with the test platform architecture, creation of test scripts, lab view models and simulations development and enhancements. You will be a part of a team of Software and Hardware engineers, with a lead team engineer creating a mentor/mentee relationship.
The candidate will code/unit test, process problems and anomaly resolution, support product reviews and reports results to team leads and management. Support research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Support the software process to maintain a robust and auditable software version release process, to include problem reporting and resolution, Corrective and Preventative Action reporting, requirements verification, performance validation, and product release.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics/Computer hardware engineering or higher
- Possess a proficient ability to develop/analyze/and test code; developing in C/C++/C, Java
- Lab View or similar modeling application exposure/knowledge
- Genuine desire to develop and test software in a complex integrated platform.
- Demonstrated team member/collaborative teamwork skills.
- Software development in a Linux/Redhawk CentOS environment
- Software development in a Windows Environment
- Computer HW and Software (Driver/Firmware) interest in troubleshooting platform conflicts and anomalies
- Knowledgeable of the Agile software development environment
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.