Electronics Techn- Maint II
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
These positions are contingent on contract award.
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Electronics Technician Maintenance Technician 2’s in support of U.S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 54th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (54AMXS), 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) supplementing the 54th Maintenance Squadron (54 MXS) and 49 MXS to support flying training for the 56th Fighter Wing (56 FW), 54th Fighter Group (54 FG), training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
Inspect, train other personnel and perform organizational, intermediate and depot level electronic maintenance/modification on contract units, subsystems and other weapon system components and support equipment. Advise other team members and solve unusual electronics problems by analysis and tests on missile, airframes, engines, flight control systems, electronic, and electrical systems.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely be referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents including determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculation of wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
- Use common and complex test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Maintain, repair and install various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration devices.
- Apply technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. . Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Candidate also must pass an FBI fingerprint check prior to being offered employment. Position may require travel. These positions are contingent on contract award.
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum three (3) years actual and recent aircraft, vehicle or missile experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft and missile electronics maintenance mandatory.
- Clarity of written and oral expression desired.
- Must have knowledge of the scopes and limitations of various categories of electronic maintenance (related maintenance functions) and their applications to the contract unit.
- Must know theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles.
- Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables.
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
- Position may require travel.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC