General Aviation Avionics Technician
Sun Aviation Inc. •
Responsible for inspecting, replacing or upgrading components/systems used for aircraft navigation and radio communications, weather radar systems, and other instruments and computers that control flight, engine and other primary aircraft functions.
Fabricates wire harnesses, installs, terminates, ring-out, install required software, functional test of avionics systems and trouble shoot as required.
- Garmin & Avidyne Experience REQUIRED.
- MUST HAVE experience on light General Aviation aircraft such as: Cessna, Cirrus SR-22, Pilatus PC-12, Piper, Beechcraft, Mooney.
- 5+ years of Troubleshooting and Avionics Installation on GA Aircraft.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Computer keyboard skills necessary.
- Must be capable and knowledgeable to perform 91.411 and 91.413 inspections.
- Have a complete understanding of IFR ramp equipment or equivalent.
- Be knowledgeable in the following areas; Autopilots, Flight Directors, Multi-Function Displays, basic EFIS systems, Nav/Comms, DME/Transponders, FMS, ADF and Radar
- Must have experience troubleshooting/installing Garmin, Avidyne, Aspen, PS Engineering and Honeywell/King, Proline 21 & S-TEC avionics equipment.
- Must pass a DOT/FAA Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Must clear a 10-year background check with no felonies or adverse criminal activity
- Must have own tools. Calibrated and specialized tools provided
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)