Lead Avionics Technician
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Dallas Service Center is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. The facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
The Lead Avionics Technician troubleshoots repairs, inspects, modifies and services aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment. Performs and documents all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
- May assist in creation of service orders with SAP or applicable operating systems
- May assist in complete engine and / or APU runs
- Return A/C to service after maintenance at off-site locations (if certified)
- Perform complex repairs on aircraft systems
- Assist in creation of service orders with SAP or applicable operating systems
- May assist in complete engine and / or APU runs as required
- Provide time estimates
- Train, coach and support other employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate:
- You typically have a minimum of 8 years avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You typically have a minimum of 2 years of corporate / commercial jet experience
- You typically have a minimum of 1 year of Bombardier aircraft model experience
- You typically have A Certification, P Certification, A & P Certificate or
- Repairman Certificate
- You have demonstrated leadership ability
- You have demonstrated planning / organization skills
- You are familiar with all systems installations of Bombardier aircraft model
- You have the ability to perform role of Temporary Crew Chief as needed - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC