Location: Dripping Springs, TX (Austin, TX area)
Description: Established systems integration company seeks avionics technician with 2-5 years’ experience in avionics modifications programs or similar aircraft maintenance operations to support company installations and local manufacturing operations when not on a remote installation.
Company Quality Policy:
L2 is committed to quality and continuous improvement in all areas of our organization. We provide solutions based on our customers’ needs and are dedicated to ensuring that all expectations are surpassed. We are fanatical in ensuring our solutions meet or exceed regulatory and customer requirements. Working as a team, all employees are involved in the continuous quality improvement process to ensure that the company goals for quality, timeliness, responsiveness and innovation are met, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Perform installation activities autonomously to include:
- Harness routing and securing
- Wire preparation and termination
- Single conductor, multi-conductor and coaxial cable termination
- Continuity checks of all installed wiring
- Power checks of all installed wiring
- Functional tests of installed and interfaced equipment
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, work from engineering drawings, written or verbal instructions, as well as problem solving from various technical documents.
- Perform support functions for the installation crew to include off-aircraft assembly, parts tracking, inventory, and assembly of document packages, job site prep/clean, computer entry and general support of the job site.
- All installation activities referenced above to be performed in accordance with the appropriate FAA approved document and Manufacturer’s Installation Manual as well as any and all applicable L2 documents.
- Perform troubleshooting and support activities as required by the company.
- Perform harness and kit manufacturing activities either remotely or at company headquarters as required.
- Approximately 95% + travel.
- Must pass 10-year security clearance background verification and submit to company’s DOT/FAA Part 145 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program.