Sr Software Developer
Collins Aerospace •
Requisition ID: 15683 Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet?Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Brighton, East Sussex. At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.
A software engineer is responsible for completing development work assigned to them by the manager according to the time scales agreed during the planning stage. They may assist in the planning stage proposing methods and technologies to use when completing the work as well as potential designs and implementation strategies. They will often produce estimated completing times and assists with identifying potential delays in the completion of the work. They will communicate with various other departments and teams within the department to coordinate work and provide feedback in relation to the progress of outstanding work.
- Completing development work assigned to them by the Team Lead as per time scales agreed during the planning stage.
- Monitoring the progress of their own work and alerting the Team Lead if the work has got behind schedule or if there is high chance of a future delay.
- Providing the Team Lead with updates on the progress of their own work and any further information that may be required by the Team Lead.
- Keep the departmental work management system up to date with all relevant information requested by the Team Lead.
- Producing a test plan for their completed work and conducting sufficient tests to ensure it performs as expected.
- Ensuring other team members have any relevant information in relation to their own work that might be needed to complete the team members own work.
- Attending bi-yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
- Have a good working knowledge of all applications and services within the application suite and a detailed working knowledge of the structure of the main applications and services.
- Helping identify areas of the code base that would significantly benefit from further development work and defining potential actions.
- Assist in the research and development of new technologies and the application of those technologies into our existing products.
- Monitoring reports provided by the Service and Support department regarding the performance of the deployed applications and assisting in planning of related improvements.
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Excellent knowledge of WCF, SOAP, REST, XML and IIS
- Good knowledge of T-SQL
- Good knowledge of Software Development lifecycle
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server setup
- Knowledge of database maintenance
- Familiarity with SOAP UI
- Experience producing process flow documentation and test plans
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC