Technician, Avionics (Commercial Aircraft Maintenance)
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
Troubleshoot repairs, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
• Operate ground support equipment as required
• Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
• May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
• Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
• You have completed Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
• You have 0 – 2 years avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
• You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
• You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
• You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory & control of tools
• You will obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
• You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
• You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
• You are able to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (if applicable)
• You have basic PC skills
• You have an A Certification, P Certification, or A&P Certificate - preferred
• You have a GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - preferred
• You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
• You have Bombardier aircraft model experience - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #: