VC-25B Aircraft Mechanic (Structures/Electrical)
The Boeing Company •
We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, our customers and for the world.
This is a unique opportunity to work in multiple factory locations on multiple Boeing Development Programs. Candidates hired to this position may be required to initially support an alternate site (domestic or internationally) while going through the security clearance process before ultimately relocating to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
Duties on all assignments may include, but are not limited to:
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Perform connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
- Ability and understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
- Adhering to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
- Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees.
- Perform all duties of lower Electrical classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
Relocation Benefits are not available with the position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires 1 to 3 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation
- (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
- If applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
- Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft electrical systems.
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with VIP, business jets or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum of six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education will be equivalent for work experience.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)