The position coordinates and directs all aspects of Sinclair’s aviation programs for the Aviation Technology Department. These programs include professional pilot, aircraft dispatcher and flight attendant. The coordinator is responsible for managing the relationship with Sinclair’s flight training contractor to ensure contract compliance.
The coordinator will assist faculty in developing courses required to meet curriculum objectives, monitor student performance, and ensure compliance with HLC, ODHE, FAA and VA regulations and guidelines. The coordinator will also market the program throughout the region to recruit students and identify collaboration opportunities with other academic institutions and aviation businesses.
The Coordinator position directly supports the Aviation Technology Department’s chairperson, faculty and students.
Effective performance in this position will result in Aviation students accomplishing their personal and academic goals while receiving required FAA certification as pilots, aircraft dispatchers and flight attendants.
- Coordinate with Sinclair’s flight training contractor to ensure effective performance and contract compliance
- Coordinate with the FAA and VA to maintain certification for the department’s programs
- Develop a course schedule for each semester that maximizes student enrollment
- Coordinate with, and assign aviation program faculty, to courses each semesterWork with other Sinclair departments (National UAS Center, Tech Prep, etc.) to support aviation related programs
- Work with the department chairperson and faculty to resolve student progress and retention issues
- Develop and manage annual supply and capital budget requests
- Ensure program compliance with all safety and environmental requirements
- Attend and support recruiting and outreach events
- Ensure the program curriculum meets industry requirements
- Develop new curriculum and update current curriculum as required by changing industry standards and FAA requirements
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other educational institutions and aviation businesses
- Advise and council prospective and current students on courses required for graduation and certification