Eastern Airlines LLC •
This position reports to the Manager of Crew Scheduling. This is a full-time position that will interact with the Director of Operations, Manager of System Operations Control, Director of System Operations Control, Chief Pilot, Director of Inflight, other Crew Schedulers, and is responsible for the analysis of current and future optimization of flight crew resources. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of all FAR Part 121 and FAR Part 117 crew scheduling requirements. Good communication skills are required, and the successful candidate must be able to exhibit the values and culture of the company while working with flight crews in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Crew Scheduler are:
- Ensure efficient utilization of pilots as well as day-to-day tracking of their attendance.
- Communicate schedule changes to crewmembers in a timely manner.
- Ensure all crewmember assignments are in accordance with FAA mandated Part 91, Part 121, Part 117 regulations and company policies.
- Maintain the integrity of the flight schedule by ensuring all segments have been assigned to a legal crew.
- Resolve flight crew legality problems and rest requirements based on appropriate regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Maintain changes to flight crew schedules initiated by dispatch.
- Process trip swaps, trip drops, sick calls, emergency leaves, and other daily schedule modifications.
- Ensure crewmember hotels are reserved and positioning arrangements are provided when required.
- Ensure compliance with FARs, contract requirements, and departmental guidelines.
- Work closely with dispatchers to resolve problems and coordinate the efficient daily operation of the airline.
- Report on daily scheduling and department status.
- Computer work in a typical office environment, sitting for the majority of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; Associate degree or higher preferred
- 1 year of experience in customer service
- 1 year of experience working in a crew scheduling environment preferred
- Airline industry or operational experience preferred
- Reliable and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office products and general internet applications
- Ability to work any shift including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Repetitive motion such as typing and phone work.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC