Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineering for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Completions.Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary air frame modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Design assignments include but are not limited to: -Item Installation Analysis -Similarity Analysis -Configuration Analysis
- Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
For Additional Information on this Opening Please Contact Angela Burke:
Direct Number: 912-257-4939
Email Your Updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org