2020 Summer Engineering Internship
DRS Technologies •
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
The company has openings for Summer Engineering Interns in Hauppauge, NY. The internship is for the summer and will run approximately from June through August.
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Title: Summer Engineering Intern
Position Summary: The Summer Engineering Interns will work closely with and assist engineers in the execution of their projects and tasking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct limited scope engineering work under the supervision of Software Engineers
- Complete assigned tasks on time
- Gather and assemble data for engineers
- Conduct design analysis and/or calculations under the supervision of engineers
- Assist engineers with appropriate design details
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High School Diploma
- Current enrollment in an Bachelor’s Degree program in Engineering or related Technical field
- Must be able to access ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and Controlled Unclassified Information
- Lifting up to 20 lbs up to 25% of time
- Walking: up to 25% of time
- Climbing: up to 10% of time
- Bending: up to 10% of time
- Sitting: up to 75% of time
- Standing: up to 10% of time
- Stooping: up to 10% of time
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed schedule whereby employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks with every other Friday off.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC; DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC