Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
* Collaborates with Engineering on desired production tooling and build-plan methodology and gives input/feedback on associated design criteria; analyzes engineering design to determine manufacturability of components and assemblies
* Guide and determine manufacturing processes, tooling methodology, discrete manufacturing operations and associated time standards to be used to produce new parts/assemblies from detail component fabrication thru job-level installation; authors and maintains process plans for shop floor methods/work instructions
* Develops learning curve and actual hour projections for new program production incorporation; analyzes actual performance and makes necessary process improvement recommendations
* Oversee process to create manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM) to break engineering product structure into logical manufacturing methodology and sequence to enable MRP processes for order release, scheduling, and purchased component sourcing activities
* Provides technical guidance to initiate and drive Root Cause / Corrective Action (RCCA) on production issues related to engineering design, material, tooling, specifications and processes
* Analyzes/Interprets engineering drawing, manufacturing operation sequence, tooling function, and process specifications and issues engineering change requests (ECR)
* Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations