This position is with the Advanced Design & Prototype Solutions (ADaPS) organization within Boeing Phantom Works (PW). ADaPS is the PW organization in Huntsville, AL and as such works across the life cycle spectrum from concept development and proposals to product development execution to verification and test. The ADaPS organization supports a diverse portfolio of efforts in support of Boeing programs in Dept of Defense, NASA, Homeland Security, and research and technology domains. We are a part of the BDS Mission Systems capability and engage primarily on software centric efforts including real-time flight software, modeling and simulation s/w, and situational awareness s/w running over such industry products as the Unity game engine. Come join a talented, energetic, group of over 100 engineers working in a casual environment with opportunities on multiple exciting projects.
This position will be responsible for activities spanning the entire software life-cycle including but not limited to planning, design, implementation, and test. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing quality products, have strong communication skills, and are capable of working in a multi-tasking environment while supporting multiple projects concurrently. The candidate must be capable of working with geographically disperse teams. There are a number of possible job assignments, including:
- Embedded Real-time Software Development
- Human Interface Development
- Cyber Security Development Environments
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Relocation assistance is not available and is not a negotiable benefit.
- Selected candidate must have the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Programming experience/knowledge using languages such as C, C++, C, Java, and Ada
- Experience/knowledge of the Unity game engine and/or Matlab/Simulink modeling tools.
- Experience/knowledge of implementing Cyber Security protections or countermeasures.
- Knowledge of Real-time operating systems such as VxWorks or Green Hills.
- Experience/knowledge of developing software within a Linux environment.
- Experience/knowledge developing in an Agile team environment.
- Experience/knowledge of developing software or requirements within a Change Management (CM) controlled environment.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.