Aerospace Embedded Software Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. Our mission is to change the way we travel by applying autonomy and robotics to the development, production and operation of advanced aircraft.
This position designs and develops high integrity flight and mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems. Software engineers in this role deliver integrated and tested software in the unmanned aerospace system markets.
- Work independently on a multi-disciplinary team to design and develop mission-critical onboard software and/or ground control applications for UAV systems.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
- Deep knowledge in a software language such as C/C++, Java, Python and Qt.
- Design of embedded control software and complex algorithms.
- Design of graphical user interface and communications software
- B.S. and Preferably M.S. in One of the Following Engineering Degrees
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- Relevant Discipline
- 3+ years of programming experience in C/C++, Java and Python
- Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
Interest and Working Knowledge Normally Include a Mix of:
- UAS or Autonomous Vehicles
- Robotic System Guidance
- Navigation and Control
- Ground or Airborne Mission Systems
- General Aerospace Flight Control or Cockpit Avionics Systems
- Ground Stations
- Payload Control
- Model-Based Design and/or Model-Based Test
- Mathworks Simulink/Stateflow Auto-Coder Toolchain
- CMMI (level 3 or higher)
- C/C++, Qt, or Java
- Human Machine (HMI) Interactions
- Programming C/C++ Low Level Algorithms
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Processors
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC