Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer
Citadel Completions LLC •
The Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer performs engineering work including design, analysis, substantiation, liaison and testing related to electrical systems and components in support of VVIP/VIP aircraft completions and modifications. Drawing/manual interpretation related to maintenance, modification and repair of transport category aircraft. Functions
- Design and analyze electrical systems and components in support aircraft interior modifications and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
- Prepare Electrical Engineering drawings, substantiation reports, Engineering Orders (EOs), Electrical Load Analysis, trade studies and test plans.
- Develop cabin electrical modification/installation work instructions procedures and recommendations.
- Provide progress updates for electrical deliverables on project schedules with Project Managers.
- Provide liaison support for electrical kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
- Support electrical input for work scope/long lead part requirements for new proposal development.
- Coordinate with approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/or approvals.
- Work within the engineering team to accomplish project related activities.Monitor progress of outsource partners as required.
- Apply area of specialty to design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Maintain close and frequent communication with the Sr. Electrical Engineer, Project Manager and Director of Maintenance, notifying them of progress and any road-blocks or threats to the project’s critical path that could impact re-delivery.
- Work with Customers (internal & external) in a cordial, respectful and professional manner.
- Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
- Other tasking as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
o The certification process and the airworthiness requirements for a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Aerospace Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Aviation Electrical Engineering, including experience in the design and modification of aircraft electrical systems for STC projects.
- Experience with:
o Experience working with an Organizational Design Authority (ODA), and other regulatory certification authorities
o AutoCAD or other Electrical engineering design software applications.
- Engineering experience with VIP and VVIP completions for narrow and wide body aircraft.
- Experience with Visual Engineer (VE), SolidWorks, CATIA.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC