Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) In-Space Vehicles Engineering, located in El Segundo, CA, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Antenna Feed/Passive Microwave Project Engineer Lead (Level 4). As a Project Engineer, you will work on satellite antenna/payload products and capabilities that help our customers to meet their mission requirements.
• Provides leadership and project management for satellite antenna feeds/passive microwave devices. Accountabilities include cost, technical, schedule, and risk management.
• Provides support for Business Development efforts.
• Will have primary responsibility authority accountability (RAA) for program execution and program battle rhythm including earned value, technical performance metrics reporting, cost account management, and communications/briefing to executive leadership - highlighting and project managing program cost, schedule, risk/mitigation, and technical performance while providing timely affordable, lean, root cause/corrective action-based solutions.
• Will be a skilled project manager in leading Non-Recurring engineering (NRE) efforts, project baseline development, resource loading, project breakdown structure (WBS/PBS) activities and program level metrics.
• Ensures preparation of the master plan and schedule, such as Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule [IMP/IMS], and First Article Plan, through coordination and conflict resolution with other Boeing teams, functions, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
• Integrates relevant lessons learned from previous programs. Develops and communicates responsibility authority accountability (RAA) to define team members roles and responsibilities.
• Lead interface for The Boeing Company, working with supplier, customer and end-user communities.
“At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.”
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires a current SSBI US Security Clearance.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree in an engineering classification is required.
• Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
• Education/training or work experience with Antenna feeds/passive microwave devices.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
• Experience with the product lifecycle: design, analysis, manufacturing, procurements, and assembly, integration, and test.
“This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.”
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.