p>Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Entry level - looking for recent graduates
- 4 year engineering degree, BSEE or BSCS
- BSEE candidates: Semiconductor and PCB design/debug desired
- BSCS candidates: Windows User Interface developer/programmer desired
- Candidate must possess strong communication and problem solving skills
- Organized, strong attention to detail, excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated strong customer relations skills.
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience developing applications with Visual Basic 6.0 or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Experience developing applications with C/C++.
- Experience with MATLAB or other numerical computing environments
- Experience with automation of test and measurement devices such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, data acquisition devices, frame grabbers, etc.
- Experience with PCB tools such as Orcad
Duties and Responsibilities
• Pursue design opportunities and support customers design efforts
• Answer RFQs and technical questions from customers.
• Technically qualify customer requests for quotation to ensure that a quote will meet the customers’ application and operational needs.
• Identify product or service gaps and to define ways to address handle them using partners and/or new developments
• Ensure customer quotations are technically accurate, commercially verified, offering the best all-round solution.
• Maintain accurate and complete records in Customer Relations Managment (CRM).
• Provides technical oversight and troubleshooting for both internal and external customers.
• Provide advice on technical solutions and benefits.
• Technical lead for customer driven hardware and software solutions - Either as the lead developer or working with a small engineering team
• Interface with engineering teams regularly regarding technical sales and roadmap alignment
• Maintains a complete, commonly accessible, technical documentation library
• Maintain outstanding customer relations.
• Prepare and support technical seminars and customer presentations
• Support the existing customer base with technology updates
• Provides technical guidance, as requested, to other personnel at DRS
• Communicate with manufacturing locations for queries regarding lead-time, specials, etc.
• Attend customer meetings as required, including customer site visits.
• Attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge, including new products as and when released.
• Maintain communications either verbally or electronically with customer stakeholders to offer support and required
• Support RMA and FRB teams and process. Drive root cause and corrective action investigations
• Other duties as assigned
- Normal office duties
- Ability to lift 25 lbs less than 5% of the week
- Walking,bending, stooping, Kneeling
- Travel-up to 10%/yr
- Working in lab-30% of the time
- Travel between local facilities throughout the day.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS