At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Associate Space Vehicle Flight Systems Engineer (level 2) to design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art satellite systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. This position will support the development of complex solutions on advanced next generation spacecraft technologies in the area of: Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy Subsystem (AS), and Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH). For each subsystem, you will experience the full lifecycle of satellite development from: requirements definition and flow down, algorithm design and analysis, system hardware integration, software validation, development of satellite operating procedure, and support satellite operations. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Supporting the resolution of technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system solutions are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Evaluating customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrating technical parameters and assuring compatibility of physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performing various analyses to optimize overall spacecraft architecture.
- Supporting trade studies to meet program requirements.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation), for which the U.S Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Electrical Engineering
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with CCSDS and IP (Internet Protocol).
- Experience working with 1553, SpaceWire, and CAN.
- Experience with COMSEC/CRYPTO/TRANSEC.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.
- Experience with Satellite design and test.
- Experience working in a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.