At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Boeing is committed to being the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in each and every area of our business delivering superior value to customers, employees, shareholders, communities and partners. Boeing’s global reach includes customers in approximately 150 countries and employees and operations in more than 65 countries. The company has manufacturing, service and technology partnerships with companies and governments worldwide and contracts with more than 20,000 diverse suppliers and partners.
Boeing Defence UK is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is part of the Infrastructure Team working closely alongside other technical teams, service management and programme functions.
- Developing Dashboard views of Infrastructure estate
- Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation
- Everything as code approach
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
- Create new automation solutions and product offerings for infrastructure services.
- Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
- Document automation standards to be followed by the organisation
- Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management
- Identify areas of automation
Skills and Experience:
- Good demonstrable experience in an Infrastructure role (Windows, UNIX, Virtualisation, Networking), either delivery or support.
- Development of back-end systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- Software Development for automation techniques in production environments
- Experience of Git repository derivative (BitBucket, GitLab), Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Similar
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Relocation is not available for this position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.