We are seeking experts and explorers in the areas of perception and sensor fusion, machine learning, human-collaborative engineering, big data, deep learning, novel algorithm development for breakthrough autonomy research!
The Intelligent Systems Group is leading the charge to make fully autonomous aircraft a reality.
We are seeking experts and explorers in the areas of perception and sensor fusion, machine learning, human-collaborative engineering, big data, deep learning, novel algorithm development for breakthrough autonomy, mathematics, GPU computing, embedded systems, adaptive control, flight control and trajectory planning, modeling and simulation, and related fields. Cross-disciplinary interests are highly sought and unique initiatives are encouraged.
- B.S. or M.S. in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical/computer science engineering with an aerospace controls and/or autonomy emphasis. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience.
- Requires excellent English written and oral communications skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working in and contributing to a highly collaborative environment.
- Focused expertise and ability to apply one or both of:
- Classical and advanced state estimation and flight control concepts and methods and/or
- Trajectory, route, and mission planning algorithms.
- Ability to set up, utilize, and maintain simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments to develop, validate, and implement algorithms and software for real-time flight systems.
- Knowledge of state of the art in optimization methods.
- Strong C and C++ software development skills, especially in a Linux environment.
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, multi-agent collaborative control and planning algorithms.
- Experience in image-processing, embedded systems, ROS, OMS, or FACE open-systems architectures.
- Experience with dynamic modeling of helicopter and/or fixed-wing dynamics, as well as stability and control analysis.
- Experience in aerial manipulation and/or conventional robotic manipulation.
- Experience with test planning and execution.
- Experience in model-based aircraft control.
- Strong skills in Simulink and Stateflow, especially auto-coding.
- Military and/or UAV experience is a plus