At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Student Research Program is seeking PhD candidates with experience in Flexible Hybrid Electronics and/or Additive Electronics. This research position will provide hands-on experience in the fabrication and testing of additive electronics devices.
This is a full-time, paid research position located in Huntsville, Alabama.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in the Winter/Spring of 2020 in Huntsville, Alabama.
- The ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Understanding of hardware and tooling required to produce additive electronic devices.
- At least 1 year of experience in the design and fabrication of prototype printed electronics devices for factory health monitoring, multilayer board fabrication, or radio frequency communications.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment. Have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with prior experience in manufacturing readiness and process reliability.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.